Saturday 4 April 2009

Training / News & Sponsor Info

My sponsor print has now been completed on my carbon monofin, looks great and can't wait till Easter weekend at SaltFree to give it a go. Thanks to AD2000 Services Ltd.
My training has been good this week. Week before last i had a mild chest infection after a cold (man flu!!) so i wasn't hoping for much in terms of static and dynamic training this week but i was quietly surprised.

I managed a very easy 5min 08sec on my third hold and also managed a very easy (easiest one yet) 100mtr dynamic after.

I started with three FRV holds which were 45secs / 1min / 1min 10sec and then used my normal 2/4/2 breath up for 2mins and packed.

Hold 1 4min 08secs
Hold 2 4min 35secs
Hold 3 5min 08secs

Packing extra is now helping with contractions (15-18 packs) and helping to stretch my lungs well. As i have said before i am training like this to reduce the amount of holds i do to get over 5mins and then i a few weeks time i will string 6 holds together to see what happens to my max time?

The dynamic session was soooo easy over 100mtrs, I'm still awaiting delivery for my hyperglide fin which nYne sponsored me for and i'm sure that with this i will complete a good solid 125mtrs.

A big well done to my Friend Eric van Riet Paap who competed in the AIDA Belgium competition this week and done a 8min 01sec static!! (a new N.R) Well done Eric and well deserved.