Thursday 16 April 2009

125mtrs Dynamic....

Last night at training i finally made my 125mtr dynamic freedive. I was using my new Hyperglide from Leaderfins with a hard blade. The swim felt fantastic and it was great to get to this target with over 5 weeks to my comp. On my first turn my goggles unfortunately filled with water but i carried on regardless. Turns were not great but when i turned at 100mtrs i knew i was going to make it to 125mtr. Before i went in to attempt this is carried out some packing stretches which helped me cope with any stress on my rib cage whilst keeping my hands firmly above my head during the dive although i was a bit out of shape on the last 25mtrs!!

Static training went o.k, i started with 3 FRV holds and then breathed up for 2mins and completed the following..

Hold 1 : 3mins 30sec
Hold 2 : 3mins 59secs
Hold 3 : 5mins 10secs

Breath up's were 2/4/2 for the first 2 holds and then slightly different for my last one were i purged a little more than normal. Contractions were taken to 20 for each hold and 35 for the last hold. I will carry on with the Co2 tables a i have only done them for two days and don't expect to see any significant changes or results just yet.

I'm really happy with the dynamic and hopefully i will be able to train regularly st 100mtrs and hit the 125mtr a few more times before the comp to give me enough confidence to try a 150mtr at the comp. Time will only tell.

No comments: