Saturday 25 April 2009

Training day 12 & 13

I finally got my application pack of to Liv Philip and had to make my pre-announcements for the comp, i decided to peg it back a bit and announced a 5min 10sec static and a 110mtr dynamic. I think most people keep their announcements low as you don't get penalties for going over your times / distances they only matter if you draw with someone else and the highest pre-announcement will win. I just thought i should be confident but careful.

Day 12 was spent just doing a basic Co2 table which went well.

On training day 13 i decided to change things round a bit..again! I don't think i am getting much improvements out of the Co2 tables and never been a fan of them anyway. I went on a ride for 15mins only and did not complete this in apnea as i normally do.

When i got home i rested for about 30mins and then went into dry training but simulating what i do in the pool to see if what happens to my contraction start time if i put an extra hold in to the equation?

I started like this...

Hold 1 : 2mins (full exhale / full inhale) no packing (10 contractions)
Hold 2 : 2mins (full exhale / full inhale) no packing (7 contractions)
Hold 3 : 40sec (FRV empty lung)
Hold 4 : 45sec (FRV empty lung)
Hold 5 : 4mins 2/4/2 breath up for 2mins (full inhale+packing) contractions started at 3,15
Hold 6 : 4.30sec 2/4/2 breath up for 2mins (full inhale+packing) contractions started at 3.45
Hold 5 : 5mins 2/4/2 breath up for 2mins (full inhale+packing) contractions started at 4min

It is evident that i need this extra hold when i warm up as contractions started 15sec later and i completed a very easy 5min hold with only 14 contractions knowing full well i can go on a whole lot more.

I have changed the way i pack also, i used to sip in small amounts up to 20 times but again this is costing me another 10sec or so, so I'm now packing or gulping down 10-13 packs very quickly.

Heart rate was very low for me (56bpm ave) but did drop down to 46bpm during FRV holds!

I'm going to continue with this one now (hopefully) and go for a much larger improvement on Wednesday in the pool.

No comments: