Thursday 9 April 2009

New Hyperglide Mono

Well i finally got my new Hyperglide mono from Leaderfins this week which http://www.9lounge.co.uk/ bought for me. I've just got to get the vinyl logo for it done now which i will get done in the next couple of weeks from Craig at http://www.vinylcreations.co.uk/

Training last night was terrible and went some thing like this...

3 x FRV holds 53sec/1min 02secs/1min 05secs
Hold 1 - 3mins 53secs
Hold 2 - 4mins 12secs
Hold 3 - 5mins 02secs (45 contractions)
The whole thing felt wrong and the contractions were painful. I then went in to try my new fin for dynamics and was rather hoping for a 125mtr performance but came up at 75mtrs feeling completely wrong.

Just didn't have my mind in it last night even though i felt so positive before hand. I have now sent off for my BFA membership which will allow me to compete this year, i have only 6wks before the great Camberwell Breath Hold event which is being held on the 31st May (Dynamic & Static)

I am now going to have to make some serious changes to my training to get anywhere in this competition although most people are saying "go along for the experience" i want to go along to be all i can be and do well. After this i have the SaltFree Double Dip in June which is CWT & FIM which i am training for this weekend for 3 days.

Well I'm off to Chepstow now and packing my bags, so here goes....

2 comments:

Eric van Riet Paap said...

Hi Chris,

having fun with the new fin?

- Eric

Chris Holmes said...

Loving it at the moment, will love it even more once it takes me to 125mtrs...