Thursday 19 March 2009

No Warm Up's Necessary!!

Well after my weekend away and the lack of training recently it was time to crack on this week. Still hard to fit training in as work is hard at present. I had a couple of bike sessions out this week.

BIKE SESSION
Ave speed 13.6mph
Dis 5.31miles
Max speed 20.5mph
Time 23mins 16sec

Slightly worse than my last session but that's what a hard head wind does to your time i guess.

Pool training on Wednesday went great on the static side but not so good on my dynamic side. I have been working on reducing the amount of warm up holds it takes to get over the 5min mark and up to about 3wks ago i had my warm ups down from 5 holds to 3 holds and last night i managed a 5min 02sec on my second hold!!

First hold was 4min 17sec
Second hold was 5min 02secs

I used the 2/4/2 breath up for both for only 2mins with 2mins rest in between. I only took 32 contractions on my last hold. The theory is that in a few weeks time i will hit 5mins on my second hold then carry on up to 5 or 6 holds and hopefully pull out a new P.B of over 6mins 08secs which i set last year. Just a theory though?

Picture of me and Jay Cluskey from our weekend at Chepstow! Jay is an accomplished freediver and taught me a few things over the weekend. more importantly Jay is the fastest driving, sword fish killing, non muesli eating lunatic i have meet in a long while (he'll understand)

Great guy and i hope we meet again @ SaltFree.



This picture is my daughter who had her second swimming lesson this week (just before my static session) I was hugely proud of her as she spend most of the lesson underwater and not on top of it (a future freediving champion?)

No comments: