Tuesday 21 April 2009

Training Day 7, 8 & 9

I took Sunday off to rest and got back to it on day 8 & 9. Training Day 8 was spent in the gym working on my lower back and stomach muscles as well as my chest and biceps. I went home after the gym and done some more C02 tables which seemed a little easier than last weeks. Contractions started at about 1min 30 - 1min 40 which shows they are working and my tolerance to carbon dioxide is getting better. I done 2min holds as last week and reduced the breath ups down from 2mins - 1min 30 - 1min - 30sec - 15sec and 15sec again.

Training day 9 was spent in the gym again working on my back (inc lower back) stomach and triceps. I am hoping the lower back exercises are going to build some strength to form a better kick in dynamic and improve my performances. I then went home and repeated my C02 tables as yesterday.

I'm not feeling tired at all and finding the training o.k, I'm off to the pool again tomorrow and hopeful of another 125mtr dynamic and hopefully a 5min 20sec static.

I am still trying to arrange a day to go to the Camberwell pool which is where the championships are being held but haven't got an answer back from the organiser yet (Liv Phillips).

I spoke to Ben Noble this week (Australian Record Holder) reference my performances which gave me some confidence. Ben has given me some great advice over the last year or so and has always been there when i need him. It was always something explained to me that all freedivers would help each other out when i started this sport and that advice would always be available, i have found this not to be the case with most. I have a few people that have helped over the short time i have been pursuing my dream who have always been there and Ben is one of them (Thanks Ben)

Sam Kirby sent me over the AIDA rules which i have read reference static and dynamic, this was a great help as i was not sure about most of it!

No comments: