Thursday 30 April 2009

Training day 16 & 17 NEW P.B

Training day 16 i took off as a rest day, i wanted to rest the day before i went into the pool to see what it would do to my performance? Well i did a new P.B in static of 6mins 20sec! I eat muesli 1hr 30mins before training and had my two squeezed lemons an hour before.

Training went like this....

Hold 1 : 2min (full exhale / full inhale) 3-4 contractions
Hold 2 : 2min 15sec (full exhale / full inhale) 4-5 contractions
Hold 3 : 1min 20sec (FRV) 8 contractions
Hold 4 : 1min 30sec (FRV) 8 contractions
Hold 5 : 4min 16sec (2/4/2 breath up for 2mins) + packing 3-4 contractions
Hold 6 : 4min 40sec (2/4/2 breath up for 2mins) + packing 3-4 contractions
Hold 7 : 6mins 20sec (2/4/2 breath up for 2mins) + packing 40 contractions

The whole session lasted 43mins from start to finish.

The biggest thing i changed here was not taking too many contractions in my warm ups. I also got it clear in my mind that for once i would give in to my contractions and just take them nice and slowly. I took the first 30 very slowly and did not look at the time until i did these. This is the most relaxed i have ever been in static. Even when i did my 6min 08sec static i hated it and was not in great shape at the end but this time it was so different.

Dynamic training went well and i practice my turns after a very easy 100mtr dynamic.

No comments: