Thursday 28 May 2009

3 days to go....I've got a cold!

Well i went to the pool last last and took thing nice and easy, didn't want to go over 10 contractions in the last hold but they started early at around the 3min 45sec mark!

I done some technique training for dynamic which went well and practiced my turns again. When i got home i had a very runny nose and woke up this morning sneezing my head off! I've got a cold!


Can't believe my luck, only 3 days out to the comp and this happens. I'm now taking on loads of fluids and going to do double Co2 tables today and again tomorrow just to get my Co2 tolerance up a little as it's now tailing off slightly. Maybe i peaked a couple of weeks ago?

I started taking some garlic, iron and multi-vits to give myself a boost also.

1 comment:

Eric van Riet Paap said...

Hi Chris,

That is a bummer man! Just to let you know. http://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Gentle-Iron-veggie-caps/dp/B00013Z0QA is the iron I think work well for me. I've been told that with most of the food supplements it take 4-7 days to take full effect. I've also been told that because iron reacts with many chemicals it is best to take them with plain water and perhaps vitamin C. The first few days it is ok to double the dosage (of course I'm no doctor and you should (I know you would, just saying this to cover my ass) ask around. Constipation is a problem with some iron supplements, but not with the product I mentioned above.

The earlier contractions might well be because your body was already fighting a cold-virus. Just saying that it does not have to be because your CO2 tolerance as gone down. 'Overdoing' CO2 training when you have a cold will delay recovery.

Get well soon!