Wednesday 28 October 2009

Tonights Pool Results

I only targeted myself with a 5min static and a 100mtr dynamic tonight which i carried off with no problems. I went back to doing things the way i used to and tonight was the beginning of getting back on track.

I'm not going to see immediate results from this but I'm sure in a month or so i will be back on the right track and tonight's performance was better than the last few weeks.

Static sessions went like this...
2min breath up no goggles with snorkel - 1min 50sec hold (no contractions)
2min breath up no goggles with snorkel - 2min 03sec hold (no contractions)
2min breath up no goggles with snorkel - 1min 19sec hold (no contractions) FRV HOLD
2min breath up no goggles with snorkel - 1min 36sec hold (no contractions) FRV HOLD
2min breath up 2/4/2 (face out of water) 3min hold (no contractions)
2min breath up 2/4/2 (face out of water) 3min 15sec hold (no contractions)
3min breath up 2/4/2 (face out of water) 5min hold (30 contractions)

The last hold felt a little ruff after 18 contractions and i packed slightly too much on the last hold which caused some discomfort for the first few minutes, overall i was fairly happy.

Dynamic was o.k but my turns were awful. I just couldn't get any of them right over the 100mtrs in covered. I then went into practicing my turns and again i found my legs and mono-fin flapping about out of the water! It felt very awkward and not at all smooth. Again i have to weight myself correctly now i am using the Foor Suit. Practice Practice Practice!!

No comments: