Wednesday 21 October 2009

Brick Wall......

My training tree has produced very little fruit over the past couple of months. I've tried changing things around, I've listened to all sorts of people, their advice and none have worked, in fact i have gone backwards!

Over the past couple of weeks i have even invested in some pranayama private lessons and done some pretty intense yoga lessons with a great guy called Paul, and whilst i understand the reasoning behind these techniques i have found no use for them at all apart from being a little more relaxed than i usually feel before a hold or dive.

For those that know me any type of this kind of training is laughable but i had to give it a try and it's not for me. Many people swear by it and make great gains with it and fair play to them. I'm more about physical gains, numbers and results. We are all born with the same body, internal organs etc we just have to work at it to be good. Some lucky people make it happen by strength of mind, others like myself have to work at it. After all Co2 is Co2 no matter what i do to my mind it's always going to build up and I'm going to have to deal with it.

I am changing things around as of next week and cracking on with what i know best, after all it got me 6mins 20sec STA and 133mtrs in DYN this year, i also won my first competition and ranked No1 in the UK in dynamic and No3 (same time as No1 but penalty points added) in static this year, my first year, so it must be working some how.

The main aim is to gain a higher base level of performance before year end and then go into 2010 at that level and build on it till April for a competition. Clarity in thinking is everything and over the past couple of months I've been as confused as a doorman with no one to punch!

No comments: