Saturday 24 October 2009

Back to tables Back to basics...

Last night when i got home i had a good read through my blog and although I've never been a lover of tables i realised that my times and performances were always better after doing them. Sounds obvious i know but with that in mind i thought i would go back to some hard work on Co2 tables.

I went for a ride on my bike which went great, really enjoying my new route and i also put on a tri-athlete bar which i found helped massively on the straights, i could really get my head down and bring the speed up.

Bike stats were..
Ave Sp : 16.1mph (fastest yet)
Dist : 4.97miles
Time : 18.31sec
Max Sp : 22.3mph

I've totalled up 15 hours on my bike this year and covered 202 miles

As soon as i got home i went straight into Co2 tables and then straight into a 4min crazy table after. It felt good and i took 3mins of contractions on the crazy table which should put me back on track if i carry on. I did 2min 30sec holds (not 50% of PB but i will work up to this) and i also knew i wanted to do the crazy table at the end. Contractions started at 45sec on the crazy table as you start with empty lungs then i had one or two little sips of air every 15secs all the way up to 4mins until i was fully packed. Not my best but a good start.

Felt great after, i will carry on like this till the end of the year and get back in the pool next week.

No comments: