Thursday 8 October 2009

Samba time....

Last week was a mad week at work and i found that i had no time to train at all, no tables, no bike rides, sod all! I got down to the pool on Wednesday night and found my static time down to 4min 05secs which was a joke, don't think it had anything to do with no training as 5 min's is usually always on the card no matter what i do but i think the work load had played on my mind and i couldn't get into my stride. Dynamic session went well, the pool was very busy with the Diving club but i was still trying to weight myself correctly so it wasn't an issue.

Training this week has been virtually non-existent, i did get out on my bike which was great and i smashed my old times...

Ave Sp - 15.8mph
Dist - 4.98m
Time - 18.53sec
Max Sp - 21.8mph

I went down to the pool last night after fasting for 12hrs!! I had some squeezed lemons (1st time for ages) as i wanted to really push my statics for the first time in ages. I did the same breath up's as in previous weeks, two small warm up's followed by one long breath up and then onto the big one. I lifted at 5min 02sec as i knew i wasn't going to do very well and missed my recovery breaths completely! My arm started to shake and i nearly punched myself in the face then i went into a full samba. Oops!

Not sure what's going on with my performances lately, I've just hit a wall and haven't moved forward for ages. Again I'm going to change things around a bit and see what happens? I going to have to dig deep! A good friend gave me some great advice tonight and i know what i have to do, be more relaxed, take the pressure off and get back to some basics. They worked for me earlier this year so they should work now.

No comments: