Sunday 27 September 2009

Training Updates....

After finally cleaning off the horrible virus on my laptop I'm finally able to to put up some posts. Training has been going well and i found a new route to go on my bike sessions. It's virtually the same distance and a much more enjoyable ride that my old route which i was getting bored of. I found many other cyclists on the route which had amazing bikes and looked the part, i was stuck behind a group and thought "I'd better not over take" they looked awesome in all their kit and expensive bikes. After a few miles i thought this is too slow and went flying past them on my £300 bike and £20 helmet from Halfords. I felt good about myself until i got to the back end of the route which was all up hill and they all flew past me at god knows what speeds! Lesson learnt!

Bike stats on the new route are as follows...
Ave Sp - 15.5mph
Dist - 5.16miles
Time - 19.53sec
Max Sp - 21.2mph

Ride two
Ave Sp - 15.3mph
Dist - 5.17miles
Time - 20.13sec
Max Sp - 21mph

My static session last week went great, when i first went back to training after 5-6wks off my times were down to 3min 30sec! After two session back i hit an easy 5min 15sec and i have left my long extended warm up's behind me.

2min NTB (normal tidal breathing)
2min hold no packing, no purging
Repeated again
3min very slow breathing (3 breaths in 3mins)
2min 2/4/2 breath up with packing - 3min 30sec hold
3min 30sec very slow breathing (3 breaths in 3min 30secs)
4mins 2/4/2 breath up with packing - 5min 15sec hold (27 contractions)

My dynamic session in my new FOOR suit was great, i usually kick 4-5 times per length depending on how well i kick off from the turns but with the new suit i was down to 3 kicks. I used a different neck weight with 2.5kgs in and had a 2kg weight on my belt which seemed to work fine. I'll do a full write up on the suit later as i get used to it and make some small adjustments.

No comments: