Thursday 25 September 2008

5mins 02secs Disappointed?

After an arduous week of training including walking apnea, dry statics and gym work i felt really strong this week before i went to the pool. I hit my diet well and preparation before hand was great. I felt really strong mentally and ready for a great performance.

I targeted myself for a 5min 45sec which would of been a new P.B and a slow 100mtr Dynamic. I got to the pool and my warm up's were fine hitting 3min 50sec and 4min 10sec, but on my third and final attempt i felt so nervous and just couldn't get comfortable in my body position that i only hit a 5min 02sec hold!! Pants!

If i feel like that when I'm in my comfort zone what am i going to feel like in a competition?

My Dynamic session started with a terrible push off and i ended up having to dodge round most of the divers who were busy training in the pool so i came up at 75mtrs. I don't want to use them as an excuse for not performing well as it's there pool and I'm very grateful to be able to train in there time. The diving club that let me use the pool are a fantastic bunch of guy's who i would give my right arm (not lungs) to stay with. The club are having a big recruitment drive at the moment so if anyone is interested contact them via the web site http://www.woodstockdivers.co.uk/ BIG THANKS!

Saying i was displeased is an understatement but should i really be that upset for only doing 5min 02secs? It's a good time and one i would of only dreamt of a couple of months ago. The main thing is that if i want to compete at this i need to stay more focused and not let me, myself and i wind myself up into a state before hand.

Enough said, back to training!!

No comments: