Thursday 18 September 2008

Apnea Walking

My training this week has gone great, 3 sessions in the gym concentrating on shoulders and back and i started apnea walking. I went out on Tuesday after the gym and walked along a track near my home whilst holding my breath and managed two 1min hold walks followed by two 1min 10sec holds. The walking pace was nice and slow and i covered around 90mtrs although i will have to measure out a 25mtr track to try and simulate my Dynamic training in the pool.

I went to the pool on Wednesday as usual and again went for an acidic diet but this time 4hrs before i went instead of the two hours i tried last week. Breath up's were the same and i pulled a very easy 5min 27secs hold with 60 enjoyable contractions with no drama.

My Dynamics were fine completing 2 x 75mtrs 2x 50mtrs and finishing on 5x 25mtrs concentrating on technique and gliding. I found that packing 12 times too much and was slightly too buoyant and packing just 8 times perfect for the 2kg neck weight.

Today i went for another apnea walk straight after the gym and managed 2 x 1min walks followed by a 1min 10sec walk and a 1min 12sec walk with 20 contractions. I aim to progress to 1min 30sec next week and 2min walks whilst holding in the next 4wks.!!

A quick weight update (currently 11st 12lbs vs. 13st 7lbs when i started!!)

A good week with good progress....Happy bunny!

No comments: