Monday 9 January 2012

Progress vs. Injury

After my last update i made some minor changes to my tables, most of my weekly tables were Co2 but for the last week or so i converted these over to O2 tables which increased my dynamic distances. The plan was to keep to 100mtr sessions going until i got comfortable with them. The week after the O2 tables i completed a very easy 125mtrs dynamic. Static sessions are still pants, all around 4min 30sec although I've adjusted my tables up to 2min 45sec now and only feeling a few contractions during the middle holds. Maybe time to adjust upwards to 3mins now?

I took four days off after the new year and on day 3 had some lower back pain, i did nothing to induce it as i was spending the time resting? I woke on the forth day and was unable to move. Mrs H took me to the hospital and i was told I'd make a fairly quick recovery as it was only a spasm, the next two days i went to work and could hardly move, my back has swollen significantly and i ended up back in hospital. My lower back muscles were torn from my spine and severely sprained! Leaving the hospital loaded with more drugs than a Colombian drug dealer i began the long and slow road to recovery. 7 days to see some improvement and 4wks to recover (10wks if i didn't get the recovery right!!) Competition is in 9wks so i need to get the recovery right and i also need to renew my BFA membership and get a Doctor to sign me off as fit to dive, should be interesting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris hope that you get better soon. But the comment about the Colombian drug dealer, in my opinion is disrespectful. I'm a Colombian freediver and can tell you that Colombia is much more than that.

Chris Holmes said...

Hi Frank - No disrespect intended my friend. Just a figure of speach. I'm married to an Essex girl and no she doesn't wear white stilletoes! Lol

Hopefully no harm done i'm sure Colombia is an amazing place.

Kind Regards & Respect
Chris