Saturday 21 January 2012

8 weeks to go....

The last couple of weeks have been about getting my back fixed, I'm pleased to say its well on the mend now. Good week of mixed tables, Co2 as well as o2 plus some other tables to keep it interesting! I tired a couple of warm up statics to trial some new stuff which seemed okay but when i tried them in the pool last night i was 30secs short on each hold? The idea is to only take around 20 contractions during the last hold in the comp and also in training and i finished at 4min 30sec last night, all week 20 contractions were taking me to 5mins. Maybe a little tired?

The acid test was the dynamic session for my lower back, most of the strength comes from the lower back during dynamics and its has to flex a fair amount, it felt fine although i only completed 100mtrs which felt very easy. I'm really aiming for 150mtr which would be a great result and new P.B for me - here's to hoping! (best laid plans and all that!) I'd also like to aim for my first 5min static in a comp, very different from training times but I'd be chuffed all the same. I haven't been close to 6mins static for a long time but my training is very different now and hopefully better in the long term?

Diet was 40% veggie and did make a difference, felt much lighter on my feet and it always clears my chest (yes still puffing away on a fag) I'll increase the diet to about 60% veg in 4weeks time and then make some changes depending on my craving for some red meaty stuff before the comp.

No comments: