Tuesday 10 January 2012

Back Progress

A much better day - wore my back brace for the day and finally got my arse into work, movement is improving hour by hour. I even managed to stand from a laying position in under 5mins!! Slowed down now on the drugs and I'm managing the pain fine. Done a series of breath holds tonight which all went very easy - 3min holds with 50sec rests x 5 taking very little contractions in each hold. I cant wait to get back in the water this Friday, take it nice and easy and I'll be fine for competition in March. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Martin said...

stay with it Chris, just think of that pint of the black stuff i still owe you ....that should give you some focus! get well soon
martin ....Iceland.

Chris Holmes said...

Hi Martin - Great to hear from you mate. Yes i haven't forgotten about the pint! One day maybe?

Training is going okay, had most of last year out of the sport but did a few triathlons instead which were awesome! Do some more this year. Hope Iceland is treating you and the family well mate.

Stay in touch mate
Chris