Sunday 10 January 2010

2010??????

Well, what will 2010 bring? I set myself a target which was to peak in static by the end of 2009 which i did then rest for a few weeks. Well the rest is over and I'm back training. Co2 tolerance was non-existent after 3wks off! I decided to start in the best and most basic place, Co2 tables. I've finished my first week of these and they have gone well. My tolerance has improved over 5 days of training. The tables were all 2min 30sec holds with double repetition on the last holds, i.e 2min 30sec hold, three recovery breaths and back into 2min 30sec hold. Contractions seemed very light throughout all the holds which surprised me! Next week I'll push up to 2min 45sec tables.

As for the first quarter this year, i will be concentrating on Co2 tolerance, static and dynamic and CWT. In March I'm off to Dahab to train with Sara Campbell www.sarafreediver.com this will be an amazing opportunity for me to improve on my depth. Tickets are booked and flights sorted for the 10th March to the 24th of March. We are going to have a small comp out there also on the 21st which will give me official ranking in CWT. On the Sunday when i return i will also be competing in Liverpool in static and dynamic and all going well will have points on the board for all 3 disciplines for the Worlds in Japan.

Here's to a promising 2010?

No comments: