Friday 11 December 2009

Dynamic Training @ Richmond

Thursday night i met with the Richmond Guy's & Girls again, this time to go through my dynamic safety brief with Mark Harris, all good stuff. I had no pre-conceptions of what i wanted to do this week in terms of distance, i just wanted to see what a 33mtr pool felt like and get used to the pool. It was taking me 4-5 kicks per length and the slope at the deep end was a little confusing the first time. I usually train in a 25mtr, constant depth pool, so you just follow the line and turn after 3 kicks. I found my goggles stuck to my face at the deep end and bashing my head on the way back as the slope goes back up to the shallow end! After the session i went to the deep end of the pool and realised i had been turning at the bottom of the pool which i why i felt my turns were feeling slightly strange? All in all i completed 9 x 66mtr swims which all felt fine and relatively easy, i do usually do an hour of static before i train in dynamic but it was good to go straight into the dynamics with no warm up's. Next session i will push between 3-4 lengths. It will be good to get to 132mtrs which is 1mtr short of P.B. Less turns to make as this would only be 4 lengths verses my normal 5 and a bit. Can't wait to get back next week!

No comments: