Tuesday 1 December 2009

6mins 05secs....

Another 6min static tonight, this is the first time i have ever done two consecutive 6min holds. Again no breath up, just nice slow full inhale/exhales. Contractions started a few seconds earlier this time but again the contractions were quite and manageable.

Hold 1 : 2mins 30sec (1st contraction)
2mins rest
Hold 2 : 3mins (1st contraction)
2mins rest
Hold 3 : 3mins 30sec (1st contraction) 4 packs
3mins rest
Hold 4 : 6mins 05secs (1st contraction at 3min 35sec) 4 packs

I took only 40 contractions this time, nice and slow. I also increased my rest to 3mins before the 4th and final hold. Very happy chappy tonight. This week i will be, for the first time, training with Mark Harris at Richmond (http://www.londonfreediving.org/) who have been so kind to let me train with them. For the first time i will be training in dynamic and static with people who know what they are doing. I have up to this point been training at my local pool with a great bunch of divers who give me generous time in the pool but from a safety point of view i never push my performances as i would never of wanted to give them a scare! Training at Richmond will allow me to push things slightly harder and help me improve. Thanks Mark!

No comments: