Monday 30 November 2009

Success 6min 01sec..

At last some success, over the past week or so i have cut out the big breath up's and found success in slow, deep inhales. exhales. Tonight whilst training i hit 6mins once again. I had a complete weekend off
work and relaxed with my Daughter, hadn't trained since last Tuesday and wasn't really expecting much at all. I started again by just timing when the first contraction kicked in on each hold.

Hold 1 : 2min 30sec (1st contraction)
2min rest
Hold 2 : 3min (1st contraction)
2min rest
Hold 3 : 3min 15sec (1st contraction) 4 packs
2min rest
Hold 4 : 6min 01sec (4 packs)

My 1st contraction started at 3min 35sec on hold 4 and i took the first 10 nice and slowly which took me round to 4min 35sec, the next 10 contractions took me to 5min 15sec. I was going to stop but remembered i had hit 5min 30sec a few weeks ago so thought i should at least go to that point. When i hit 5min 30sec i had already taken 40 contractions so just pushed for another 31secs just past 6mins. I took 50 contractions in total but they felt o.k and fairly light and manageable.

I still believe that the hyperventilating was having some negative effects on my performances and that i may of been over training this year. I never give my body time to rest or recover. Over the past couple of months due to my performances going backwards i have laid off the hard training and rested as i was losing motivation. After tonight, my motivation is back, I'll crack back into the same tomorrow and Wednesday and see what each session brings?

2 comments:

erdooom said...

its funny reading your blog. I think it was about a year ago i commented on your breath up, "hyperventilation is bad, it will let you get so far but then you will get stuck ..." and got nicely dismissed by you :) well i guess in some things you just have to learn for your self (I have taken the same route my self). Good luck with the training seems you are on the right track.

Chris Holmes said...

Cheers Eri, i've been reading through my blog and trying to work out where i was going wrong? I hit 6min 05secs again tonight so i know i'm on the right track...all the best mate!