Saturday 7 November 2009

Max Attempts vs. Performance

Well, i thought i would try lots of max attempts in the hope of boosting my times back to where they should be but after doing a nice 5min 30sec STA, i went to the pool and it didn't go great. I used the same breath up as i did the day before and i gave up at 4min 30sec! I did place a 1min 40sec FRC hold before my last one but it just didn't work.

I have read before that max attempts should only be done once a week but i thought i would give it a try two days in a row and i felt tired. I'm going to try two or three max attempts next week in dry training to give it a bit more time but not the day before i train wet.

Dynamic session went o.k, again only 100mtrs but working on my turns which were really poor last week. This week they had improved.

No comments: