Thursday 5 March 2009

Back to Training....Again.

Well it took a couple of weeks off for my muscle injury to sort itself out and now I'm fighting fit again. (sorry picture is not me, i just love it so i stole it!!)

I started the week cycling together with dry statics. The dry statics have been coming on a treat. I have been working on reducing the amount of warm up holds to achieve 5mins or over. Usually it take 5-6 holds to get to this point and in dry training i have reduced this down to 3 holds.

I converted this in the pool last night and completed the following...


Hold 1 : 3mins 15sec
Hold 2 : 4min 15sec
Hold 3 : 5min 01sec

I used 2/4/2 for 2mins as my breath up which seems to be working o.k and I'm managing 15 packs now comfortably instead of my 8-10. The holds felt really comfortable and contractions seemed a lot less with the extra packing.

Dynamic training went well also and i worked for almost 40mins on technique alone. I'm hoping that when i get my new mono-fin from leaderfins from my sponsor http://www.9lounge.co.uk/ this will improve my performance greatly.

BIKE SESSION
Ave speed 14mph
Dis 5.31miles
Max speed 22.5mph
Time 22mins 36sec

Feels good to get back into training as i hate having time off but glad i did as my neck feels great now. I'm looking forward to freediving in Chepstow next weekend with SaltFree and christening the new freedive platform with Sam Kirby & the gang!

No comments: