Saturday 22 November 2008

Basics work

Well my getting back to basics training really worked. After the last 4wks of chest infections, poor training and a week away in Dublin my training was not going great. I have been using some crazy tables to train with (dry) and have helped me deal with the severity of my contractions massively. I only trained static on Wed this week and managed a very easy and very enjoyable 5min 31secs.

I went back to FRV holds to start with which i still find the best for me. Then i done some very basic inhale holds (no packing) but this time in between holds i done FRV holds.

I found myself getting up to 1min 30sec on the FRV holds and when i finally got ready for my last breath hold i managed the 5min 31sec.

The contractions seemed very easy and very slow and i managed 40 of these slow contractions, way more that i have every done at such a slow pace. I came up early also as i was expecting about 4mins after all the alcohol i consumed the week before.

Training since has been non-existent though due to work commitments (something had to spoil the good training) but i intend on doing 2 sessions per day of crazy tables to keep my diaphragm nice and stretched.

The Dublin trip was great although we did do some work and the hotel had a pool so i took my boss Mat Bowker in for a quick breath hold lesson. He managed a 31sec hold but after some teaching this went up to 1min 55sec in no time, beating the directors of our host massively!! Well done Mat!

No comments: