Thursday 6 November 2008

Back to Basics

This week was all about going back to some basic apnea training, peel away all the breath up's and diet and just get back into some really basic breath holding. I trained really hard this week out of the pool on my cardio and fitness levels and hit the gym for 4 days.

Pool training went well and i went into the water with no preparation and just sunk myself underwater with no breath up's. I went through some Co2 tables to help build my tolerance up which went well also.

I didn't bother with clock watching so i had no idea what times i was achieving but just went through the motions and trained my body in some basic tolerance to contractions and ended up quite enjoying them as they came.

Dynamic session went in a similar fashion, again not worrying about distance but focusing on gliding and technique only. i trained for about 35mins on dynamic and was happy with 3 - 4kicks per 25mtrs and my glide seemed to go a bit further than normal although realistically the time it took to complete 25mtrs was much too long (about 40secs per length)

An enjoyable session and one i intend to stay with for a while now, I'm purely working on basic tolerance levels to Co2 and O2 deprivation and then in a few weeks try, with good prep, a new P.B in both static and dynamic.

No comments: