Thursday 23 October 2008

Remember Why I Started Freediving......

I have not trained at all since last Wednesday due to my chest infection and enjoyed letting my body heal and recover a bit. I went to the pool last night as i usually do but had no restriction on diet or preparation before hand as i just wanted to practice my dynamic technique and nothing more. It was nice to have no expectation of performance as i travelled to the pool, i felt more relaxed than i have ever felt. I thought "just go along and have some fun. I promised myself ages ago that every 6wks or so i would not train hard and just get back to enjoying the water and reminding myself why i started freediving. I love this sport but sometimes we forget why we started as the pressure we put on ourselves to perform week in week out is immense.

I have attached a video clip of Guillaume Nery and his 109mtr constant weight WR dive which again reminds me why i embraced this sport and the beauty it holds. This video is so inspiring for me, the music and voice over puts you head first in the water whilst you watch it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X6sowLt5Hes

I really enjoyed my nights "training" last night, i felt totally different whilst in the water and completed some very easy 75mtr slow swims and 10x 50mtr swims with ease. I will get back on track next week with full on training and maybe try a 125mtr dynamic next Wednesday (start building up the pressure already!!!)

Anyway ENJOY the video!!

No comments: