Wednesday 8 October 2008

6mins 08secs

Well, i finally did it! Last night i finally broke the 6min barrier with a static performance of 6min 08sec. I set myself a 6min target to reach before Christmas this year and have reached it much sooner than i anticipated.

Over the last week i have been finally working on my cardio by bike riding (got my new bike) I found this type of training much more enjoyable than running and seem to be getting a much out of it as i did when i ran. Gym training still consists of three sessions a week Chest and biceps - Back and triceps and then on the third day shoulders.

I changed my B vitamin supplements to a B vit with added B12 which i find is working better in absorption of my daily in take of food and the garlic is helping lower my heart rate.

Prep for the static was as always....ACIDIC!! i really find this approach better for safety reasons as the gas exchange causes the blood Ph to increase to a high alkaline level causing black out but this has been reduced massively since i have been lowering my Ph to a much more acidic level.

Relax for 2mins
Full exhale-Full inhale (no packing)-Hold to 10 contractions (2min 31sec)
Relax for 2mins
Full exhale-Full inhale (no packing)-Hold to 10 contractions (2min 50sec)
Relax for 2mins
Full exhale FRV (empty lung)-Hold to 10 contractions (1min 16sec)
Relax for 2mins
Full exhale FRV (empty lung)-Hold to 10 contractions (1min 26sec)
Relax for 2mins
Hyperventilate for 2mins-Full exhale-Full inhale (packing) Hold to 10 contractions (4min 15sec)Relax for 2mins
Hyperventilate for 2mins-Full exhale-Full inhale (plus packing) Max hold attempt (6min 08sec)

At the end of my hold i went back into panic mode as last week but as soon as i had exhaled half a lung full everything went very calm again buying me another 40secs!

Video of next weeks performance will be posted next week! I cant wait to hit the 7min mark now which i am hoping will be around March time next year.

No comments: