Thursday 21 August 2008

New PB "but disaster"

Well, i got myself all relaxed and stress free before training this week. Stopped eating about 3hrs before and went off to the pool. I done my normal prep work of four empty lung holds first all around 1min and then had my breath up for 5mins using just a snorkel and no mask.

First warm up hold i hit 4mins!!!

Second warm up hold i hit 4mins 16sec!!

Third and final hold i hit 5mins 32secs, i took 90 contractions this time but rushed through most of them, i came up o.k and clean, pulled myself out of the pool and started speaking to my buddy and then it happened!!

My head swirled around like i was drunk and my hearing went very strange indeed, i was so close to blackout it was untrue. Although i was happy with the time i was really upset that, that was my limit. I came home early as my neck weight for Dynamic training was again too light and couldn't stop thinking how disastrous my static was!

I went back to training again tonight but with no prep as i would normally and struggled round to 4mins with 50 contractions but felt better about the hold than last nights one. I'm going to start a diary tomorrow and list what I'm eating and what training I'm doing so i know what's successful and what's not!! (something Ben noble told me to do ages ago, should of listened!!)

No comments: