Thursday 27 January 2011

Week 3 Training....

I'm nearly at the end of week 3 of my training for the competition. The last week has been a busy one at work, stock take, investigations, late nights and weekends, it's all work work work! I've had to keep it pretty simple and kept it to Co2 tables all week. I did manage to meet Basildon Diving Club on Friday and they agreed to me using the pool for an hour but they only train in the pool every other week. It was good to get back in the water after 6mths off. I started off with a little stretching pool side and then done some 66mtr DNF. Its a strange pool for dynamics as its 33mtrs long and has a gentle slope from 3ft in the shallow end to 12ft 6in in the deep end! Trying to stay at a constant depth throughout the discipline is hard and i usually end up bumping my head or just narrowly missing the slope as i swim back to the shallows! Big thanks to http://www.basildonsubaqua.com/ Basildon Diving Club (0356) for giving up some of their pool for me.

My BFA renewal came through today and I've booked my freediving medical for next week, so almost all set to go. AD2000 services have sponsored me for the comp so i have decided that i will do the Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is set aside for DNF only, which i have never done before and DYN/STA on Sunday which I'm hoping will go better than last year. Last year i ended up having a samba after my static and was disqualified from the comp. This year I'm pinning it back a lot and not going for a max, balls out attempt. I just need the white cards and the experience this year!

No comments: