Thursday 13 January 2011

Normal Training Resumed...

Last week i got news on the Liverpool competition which ran for the first time last year and although it was a disappointing comp for myself, it saw new National Records set and in my opinion, a new standard in comp's for the UK. It was run by Steve Millard and set in amazing facilities, the Great Northern Comp was fantastic and one i could not let pass for this year even if i have had a huge break in training.

I kick off my training on Sunday evening with a good cycle ride on my newly built bike and went straight into some Co2/O2 tables which all went okay. The hold times on these were low but gave me the contractions i needed. I then went into some negative holds followed by packing holds. All this gave my diaphragm a good stretch and my body a chance to experience almost for the first time the effects of the simple breath hold.

Tables on day two were increased by 10secs on both Co2 & O2 and followed by the same diaphragm exercises. Day three and four were also increased and tonight i was almost back to my normal tables (almost!!)

I'm off to see if i can get some pool time tomorrow night at my local pool so i can work on some dynamics, hopefully the good people of Basildon Diving Club at Gloucester Park Swimming Pool will say yes? I only have till the 13th March to prepare so i need to keep my training focused and realistic.

No comments: