Thursday 10 March 2011

End Of Training

Last night i ended my training schedule before my competition this weekend. After spending 3hrs in the pool i was broken, well and truly! Have i done enough? Well after just 9wks i think I've done well after my long break last year. Statics have suffered slightly and my dynamics have decreased but overall I'm happy to of got back in the game with some okay performances. Today was about rest and good food and much the same tomorrow before i make the journey up to Liverpool. Last night i went back to Swallows in Kent, this was the first wet static i have done in a year so i just needed to time how long everything took so i can plan my preparation on the day to my official top time. Statics weren't great in terms of times and my last hold i ended up lifting at just over 4mins!! Pants i know but I'll take that at the moment. I've decided that I'll carry on with my no warm up approach to dynamics so i didn't need to plan my timing on this, just a relaxed 10min breath up before would be fine.

Woodstock divers came in at 21:00hrs and it was great to see so many familiar faces which i have missed greatly over the past 6-7mths.

I targeted myself with a P.B in DNF and felt a bit deflated to come up short once again, i carried on with an hour of dynamic with fins and did a table consisting of 2min rest followed by 50mtr swim and took my recovery time down by 15sec each time. By the end my legs were dead and i felt i could do no more. I felt terrible driving home and my legs felt so empty and my lungs tired. I'll do no more now until the comp, just need to rest and relax. 3 white cards this weekend? It will be a first for me! My first comp i managed a yellow and a white and since then i have had three reds. Really looking forward to this one as I've taken way the pressure of big performances and I'm keeping it realistic due to the small amount of training time I've had.

No comments: