Saturday 6 March 2010

Wet training? Dry Training? Errr No Training

Last year i really over trained before my comp, i peaked about 3wks before and went down with a cold 3 days before! This year i have kept a much more relaxed approached to training in the build up to Dahab and Liverpool comp. When i say relaxed, i mean err....doing nothing! We all know rest is good but 3 weeks of it without doing hardly anything is not good. I only done a couple of pool sessions and no Co2 tables within the last 3wk period.

Pool session on Wednesday was rubbish, i was struggling at 4min 15sec in static and only managed a measly 100mtr dynamic, and this was after huge warm up's! I'm now only 4 days away from going out to Egypt and need to improve to get the best out of my training while I'm out there.

I'm going to double up on Co2 tables each day before i go and I'm still sure that the 2wks out there will put me back where i need to be, i have taken time off before and recovered back to my normal performances within a very short space of time. Fingers crossed!

No comments: