Tuesday 30 March 2010

Red Cards a Plenty...

Been a busy boy but thought i'd get myself up to date with all the news. Dahab, or "shithab" as i have become to call it, went not so well. On arriving at the Coral Coast Hotel i found myself in what looked like down town Bagdad! Room was pants and my accommodation whilst serving in the Gulf looked and smelt better. The opposition whilst out in the Gulf were nicer than the locals too. After contracting my first bout of belly bugs me and the family decided to move hotels and moved into the Tropitel. Luxury compared to the Coral Coast but still not great in terms of food and service. Sara got me some serious bug busting killer tablets which done the trick but three days later found myself with yet another belly bug which was obviously harder than the last, if it had an SIA licence i would of employed it and put it one of my doors!

Training was great and the blue hole fantastic, i set new P.B's 3 days in a row and the official training day before the comp i hit 45mtrs with ease and the mouth fill Sara taught us all worked a treat.

Mike Board who is a freediving instructor, runs his own school on Gili Trawangan Island near Bali in Indonesia was training like a Trojan and reaped the rewards by going further than even he thought was possible. Mike ended up with a new free immersion record of 68mtrs so big congrates to him. I love seeing people do well and surpassing their own expectations, this is why i started this sport and to see what i could do with my own also.

My comp dive went bad and i went the wrong way over the counter weight bar, everyone was shouting to warn me of my error and i double dipped my airways to correct myself and was disqualified. I was gutted of the mistake but also realised that i still had a great deal of work to do on my mouth fill as i was not always getting it right. I turned early at 40mtrs on the dive anyway and had announced 50mtrs so i would of been deducted a great deal of points for the early turn.

Sam Still got 1st place which was no surprise even though being off the scene for some time he is a real contender no matter what he is doing, big well done to Sam and would be really happy to see him in Japan slapping up the points for the UK!

Lots to work on for the next year with depth but at least i now know what i need to do to get much deeper.

No comments: