Thursday 9 July 2009

Back 2 Training?

Since the competition i have not trained a great deal. I made it down to Chepstow with SaltFree for some depth training as this is what i want to concentrate on this year. The session weekend before last went really well and for the first time i felt quite relaxed throughout my dives and made a good 38mtr CWT dive. Gliding from 12mtr to the plate felt good. I packed slightly more that usual as equalising was hard and mouthfill is not happening yet. Something to work on this year as i know i can go a lot deeper.

Last night i finally got down to the pool for some static training and dynamics. The session went very well seeing as i have done nothing since the comp in these two disciplines. Breath up were nice and slow breathing with a couple of purges before each performance hold and i have keep the amount of warm up holds down to a minimum. I targeted myself with a 5min static and a 100mtr dynamic which i did with ease!

I done a couple of press releases since the competition which was designed to give both my sponsors a good shout out and also Swallows who facilitate my training. Both were pretty poor and didn't mention the stuff that i wanted. You can see one on the following link....the other was printed in the Kent Messenger which was quite good.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/4470410.Freediver_at_Holmes_under_water/

Ideally the press releases will give me better coverage and spur on a couple more sponsors?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work mate. We're both routin for you. Greg & Suzie