Friday 19 June 2009

Out of the Blue & Into the Green

After the sanitised environment of the pool comp it was time to get back into the green of the lake for some depth.

I took a couple of weeks off after the pool comp and last weekend got myself of to Chepstow with the SaltFree gang for a great weekend of depth training. We all meet up on a very sunny Saturday and got cracking with preparation for the upward coming Double Dip comp.

I left the monofin in the car as i wanted to try my hand at free immersion and constant weight no fins for the whole weekend. These two disciplines are extremely difficult to master and CWNF is considered the purest form of freediving. I guess that not being the deepest freediving in the world i could also do with the 1.3 points per meter this discipline gives you instead of the 1 point per meter the relative easy CWT gives you.

I managed 30mtrs in FIM and 20mtrs in CWNF which i was happy with since it was my first attempt and found equalising and trying to swim my extremely buoyant self down very hard but as soon as i got to 12mtrs i found myself gliding quite well to the plate which could be seen 10mtrs before i got there. The visibility was amazing!!

Pool training on Wednesday night went well also, i changed my breath up again and the amount of warm up holds during my static session, i just got more into relaxing and left the 2/4/2 breath up behind me. I took just 5 breaths over a 2min period before a few deep purge breaths and then straight in to the holds with some packing.

Hold 1 : 2min (no breath up/no packing)
Hold 2 : 2.22sec (no breath up/no packing)
Hold 3 : FRV 1min
Hold 4 : FRV 1min 20sec
Hold 5 : 5 breaths over 2mins (quick purge and pack) 3.45sec
Hold 6 : 5 breaths over 2mins (quick purge and pack) 5mins

The last hold of 5mins went well and i took 27 contractions, usually a 4min hold at this point using my old system but it felt good and more pure (less mechanical) than my old style.

Dynamic went well also, just swimming to 100mtrs and concentrating on technique.

1 comment:

Jorg said...

Sounds like a good training! During our last training we ended with some constant no fins dives, and we really should do this a lot more. Amazing feeling.